Today I read two blog posts that made me think about being single and security. Both were written by men, one is married and the other single. Both came to the same conclusion from their different marital status: that NO ONE or NOTHING can fill that big gigantic hole in our hearts BUT God!
The single guy was searching for the right woman, but like a lot of us singles, he has not met her as yet. He met Laura last year. They seem to connect. But when he came home from the party, he cried because he knew that not even she could fill that empty space in his heart.
The married guy thought that married men who said that they would NEVER cheat on their wives were lying to themselves. No woman -in his opinion- can be everything to her husband. He also talked about her - the 'perfect' women that laughed at a man's jokes, looked great and made a man feel special and confident. But even he too, knew that only God could satisfy every longing in his earth.
I know that God-shaped hole very well. It's there within mem too. It's under the guise of father hunger. My father has been abroad most of my life. If I let myself go, and follow those feelings inside, I would find myself "looking for love in all the wrong places." Even though I'm no beauty queen, I have a good self-esteem. But there are times when I just want to be loved.
I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, but I can't always relate to His love. I know, really know, why women would give themselves to many men just to get that momentary "love fix."
I'm slowly learning that God can supply all we need - including filling that hole that only He can. It takes faith, trust and hope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVmjaWBxmg
"This is real love-not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4 : 10 (New Living Translation}
The single guy was searching for the right woman, but like a lot of us singles, he has not met her as yet. He met Laura last year. They seem to connect. But when he came home from the party, he cried because he knew that not even she could fill that empty space in his heart.
The married guy thought that married men who said that they would NEVER cheat on their wives were lying to themselves. No woman -in his opinion- can be everything to her husband. He also talked about her - the 'perfect' women that laughed at a man's jokes, looked great and made a man feel special and confident. But even he too, knew that only God could satisfy every longing in his earth.
I know that God-shaped hole very well. It's there within mem too. It's under the guise of father hunger. My father has been abroad most of my life. If I let myself go, and follow those feelings inside, I would find myself "looking for love in all the wrong places." Even though I'm no beauty queen, I have a good self-esteem. But there are times when I just want to be loved.
I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, but I can't always relate to His love. I know, really know, why women would give themselves to many men just to get that momentary "love fix."
I'm slowly learning that God can supply all we need - including filling that hole that only He can. It takes faith, trust and hope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVmjaWBxmg
"This is real love-not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4 : 10 (New Living Translation}
No comments:
Post a Comment